Paediatric Ophthalmology & Squint
WHAT SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR IN YOUR CHILD
Take a good look at your child while he/she is playing on watching a book/Tv and note if any of the follwing are present.
- Squeezing his/her eyes while looking at book/Tv/Toys.
- Tilting the head while talking, walking/ playing.
- Going to close to the book or tv.
- Recurrent eye pains, headaches.
- Avoids reading, colouring most of the time.
- Has bad handwriting at school.
- Eyes turning inwards/outwards.
- Difficulty in seeing in sunlight, bright light on the evening.
- Itching, watering.
If any of the above are present then you should suspect the chld to have a possibility of eye problem. The problem could be either glasses or squinting of the eyes.these are easily treated and a proper screening of the child having any of the above complaints is needed to rule out any other causes as well.