Pediatric Ophthalmology is a sub-speciality of ophthalmology which deals with eye care, vision development correction in children. Good vision is extremely important for proper physical development and educational progress in growing children. The Pediatric Ophthalmology service at An-Noor eye hospital is a centre for pediatric eye problems.
Common eye problems in children
- Refractive problems account for 80% of visual complications in children. These problems includes
- Myopia (near-sightedness), where distance vision is blurred, but a child can usually see well for reading or other near tasks (which will be indicative in the prescription as – power)
- Hyperopia (far-sightedness), where children have difficulty is seeing the nearby (prescription will show + power).
- Astigmatism – This problem is also common is children and is caused due to difference in the surface curve of the eye. Here, the prescribed glasses have greater strength in one direction of the lens than in the opposite direction.
- Anisometropia (Lazy eyes) problem arises when the vision in one eye does not develop normally. It causes children to have a different prescription in each eye.
2. Squint or Strabismus (crossed-eyes) – In this type of problem the eyes are not aligned but are pointing in different directions. They may either point inwards towards the nose (esotropia), outwards to the ear (exotropia) or up or down (vertical strabismus).
3. Pediatric Glaucoma – Glaucoma is an eye condition with high eye pressure, which damages the optic nerve. Pediatric Glaucoma is a rare condition. It can be due to family history or may also be due to any eye injury, surgery or any pre-medical condition of the children.
4. Pediatric Cataract – Development of cataracts (clouding of the eye lens) are rare in children. This problem can also be due any eye injury or surgery or congenital.
TREATMENTS FOR CHILDREN AT AN-NOOR EYE HOSPITAL
With doctors experienced in pediatric ophthalmology at our hospital, we treat the eye problems of children like:
- Watery Eye Evaluation
- ROP Screening
- Squint Treatment
- Glasses Recommendation
- Comprehensive preschool check up
- Screening for special children
- Lazy eye screening
Patient Registration Timing: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Please fill in your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible. You can also call us directly at 044-42027213 / 42145331