ORBIT AND OCULOPLASTY
Oculoplasty is a sub-speciality in ophthalmology that deals with problems related to the eyelids, lacrimal system, orbit and aesthetic lid surgery.
Orbit refers to the eye-socket i.e. the cavity in the skull that holds the eye and the surrounding structures. Orbit related diseases or complications may arise from within the eye-socket or may be due to some secondary condition arising out of any existing illness. Hence it deals with all these structures surrounding the eyeball.
Oculoplasty surgery is generally performed to improve function, comfort and appearance for the following eye conditions like:
- Eyelid Malposition
- Skin Cancers of the Eyelid
- Tear Drainage Problems
- Problems of the Orbit (eye socket)
- Eyebrow Problems
Symptoms that may lead to Oculoplasty surgery?
Although an ophthalmologist is the best person to suggest a surgery but we can list down the following symptoms which a patient may experience which might lead to oculoplasty:
- Very frequent blinking of eyes
- Downwards hanging downwards (Ptosis)
- Eyelids tearing in or out (Entropion/Ectropion)
- NLB Blocks or Blocked Tear Ducts
- Twitching of eyes
- Bulging eyes, Wrinkles, scars or folds around the eyes
- Tumors growing inside or surrounding the eye
- Blepharoplasty or excessive fat in eyelids
- Absence of an eye
- Tumors in the orbit region
Treatment for orbit or eye lid related problems vary from patient to patient depending on their requirement, age, job profile, skin type, etc.
It depends on the ophthalmologist to prescribe whether a patient would benefit the most from a surgical or a non – surgical mode of therapy. These depends totally on a thorough evaluation of various factors.
Patient Registration Timing: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Please fill in your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible. You can also call us directly at 044-42027213 / 42145331